Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Drugstore Cosmetic Favorites!

Hey Guys! Today I wanted to share with you some of my makeup go-to's from the drugstore. I would say I use a pretty good combination of both drugstore and high end cosmetics. For my eyeshadows I typically gravitate towards MAC cosmetics just because I know the quality and pigment is always on point. I am also in love with Make Up Forever's powders!

But let's get back to the cheap inexpensive portion of the program..


Revlon 24Hr Color Stay Foundation 


First things first. You need a good foundation. If you like full coverage (without looking cakey) but want your makeup to last, this is awesome. I have pretty oily skin so the combination/oily version works wonders for me and it seems to really stay in place (I don't know about the whole ''24 hr" thing, but you shouldn't be wearing your makeup that long anyway!) I find once I set this with a good powder, I don't really need any touch-ups throughout the day. I have even talked to makeup artists who swear by this drugstore gem:)

*Under $10 at Walmart




e.l.f Studio Eyebrow Kit
If you don't color in your brows, you probably should be. Nothing compliments your face more then  beautifully sculpted brows. This kit is actually a great dupe for Smashbox's brow kit but is only $3.00!! On the left you have the wax to shape your brows, and on the right you use the powder to fill in your brows. (Don't go overboard!) You can either use the tiny brush it comes with, or you purchase a separate angled brow brush for easy application

*$3.00 at Target



N.Y.C Liquid Eyeliner



For the longest time I was using Mac's felt tip liquid liner, but it was a challenge to get a perfectly thin line. I bought this NYC eyeliner on a whim (since it was cheap) and O.M.G. this is the EASIEST liner to apply ever!! With one quick swoop you achieve the perfect thin wing. Just trust me and try it. 

Under $5 at Walmart


N.Y.C. Mosaic Face Power Color Wheel

Another one of my N.Y.C. favs is the Mosaic Color Wheel. I use this for a natural glow without looking like a carrot. I'm not sure if this is supposed to act as a bronzer, but that is what I like to use it for. My favorite thing about this powder is that it's matte and has absolutely NO SHIMMER. As previously mentioned, I am pretty oily, so I try to avoid anything with any type of shimmer (which is a challenge in itself) I used to use Bare Mineral's Warmth powder, but if over-applied, you run the risk of looking dirty. (gross) 

Under $5 at Walmart 


L'Oreal's Volumious False Fiber Lashes in Black Lacquer
Maybelline Falsies Macara in Black Drama


For mascara it's pretty much a toss-up between these two. I love L'Oreal's product for extra length, but I also enjoy how thick Maybelline's mascara make my eyelashes appear. One thing I don't like is that the L'Oreal does seem to dry up quicker :( 

*Both Under $10 at Ulta Beauty



Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob





For the perfectly pink lips, this is my everyday go-to. I just think this shade is the right nude for every skin tone and is great for that over exaggerated Kylie Jenner look. Wear it beneath a sheer gloss or let it stand alone. 

*Under 6 at Target

Try not to get caught up in all that hype about having the best of the best. Yes, it is a good idea to invest in some higher end products, especially for a special event or occasion. But you can still be beautiful, even on a budget ;)




Stay classy!
Xx,
                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment